Saturday, October 29, 2005

Newcastle University is Great

Really, honestly it is.

The Uni launched its new website yesterday, which includes lots of exciting graphical stuff including the 5 stars we apparently get for student support and electronic services.
I would point out that at this time the new library catalogue, rolled out as part of this upgrade, is not working. I have been told that the I.T. staff set the ball rolling on friday afternoon, just in time to go home for the weekend. 5 star service alright.

Don't get me wrong, Newcastle is a great universtiy to study at, but this year has been a difficult one for many of the schools here in terms of staff cuts and funding difficulties, and this website looks expensive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A dud turkey cannot be improved by dressing it up; and hey, at least the buildings are award winning (let's hope there ain't another fire or snow-storm any time soon ...).

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home